Innovation, Inventor, Founder and Shareholder of Companies, Granted & licensed Patents in Europe, USA & worldwide with applications in improved and early diagnosis of disease (auto immune diseases & cancer)
- Dolores Cahill co-founded Protagen AG in Dortmund (https://protagen.com/) (1996-2019) as a spin-out of the Max-Planck-Institute, Berlin to commercialise her diagnostic, companion diagnostic and personalised medicine applications of her discoveries. Protagen has screened and profiled the autoantibody repertoire of over 20,000 patients (https://protagen.com/data-and-insight/scientific-publications/)
- Protagen Protein Services (https://protagenproteinservices.com/) (2013 - 2019) is a spin-off company of Protagen - expert protein, antibody, proteomics and peptide contract services to the pharmaceutical industry and health care sectors.
Research, Scholarship & Innovation: Selected Granted & Licensed Patents
- Novel method for the identification of clones conferring a desired biological property from an expression library. PCT WO 09/070,590. Inventors: Dolores J. Cahill, Konrad Büssow, Wilfried Nietfield, Gerald Walter, Hans Lehrach. Exclusively licensed to Protagen AG, Dormund, Germany.
- A new method of selection of clones from an expression library involving rearraying. PCT WO 09/070,547. Inventors: Dolores J. Cahill, Konrad Büssow, Wilfried Nietfield, Gerald Walter, Hans Lehrach. Exclusively licensed to Protagen AG, Dortmund, Germany.
- Method for identifying and/or characterising a (poly)peptide. Date filed in Europe, PCT: E1131 PCT. Inventors: Dolores J. Cahill, Eckhard Nordhoff, Joachim Klose, Holger Eickhoff, Frank Schmidt and Hans Lehrach. Exclusively licensed to Protagen AG, Dortmund, Germany.
- A novel system for dual protein expression in Pichia pastoris and Escherichia coli. Date filed Europe PCT. Inventors: Angelika Lueking, Caterina Holz, Hans Lehrach, Dolores J. Cahill. Licensed to MoBiTech, Germany.
- A novel approach to generate cDNA expression libraries in yeast enriched for open reading frames (ORF). Europe PCT Inventors: C.Holz, A.Lueking, D.J. Cahill, H. Lehrach. Licensed - MoBiTech, Germany.